Debbie Polisky, MS, MBA, CLT is a Bilingual Nutritionist, Zumba Instructor, Wellness Consultant and Adjunct Faculty who uses mind and body techniques, such as mindfulness, stress management, exercise, dance/zumba, yoga and nutrition to improve the lives of patients, students and the community. She has over 20 years of experience in the healthcare field, in two countries, Argentina and in USA and in her two native languages, English and Spanish.
In Argentina, she worked as a Clinical Dietitian in medical centers and in private practice, as an Entrepreneur creating and labeling her own healthy frozen meals for patients, in Media (both print and radio) and as a Freelance Writer, for newspapers and local magazines.
In USA, she worked in community/public health as a Nutrition Director of a large community health center, Adjunct Faculty on campus and online for several colleges/universities, Freelance Writer and Translator.
“I enjoy educating others to stay healthy, whether in my role as adjunct faculty, nutritionist, wellness consultant or Zumba instructor,” says Debbie, “I’m also passionate about creating and implementing health programs which is why I created Your Hungry Heart.
Debbie describes herself as a science and art “combo” because “When I integrate my scientific and artistic background, through scientific evidence based programs together with music, dance, media communication and creative cooking, I feel complete.”
MIND BODY LIVING
“I believe in a mind and body approach to health. After so many years in this field, I’ve seen the best results when we integrate several mind and body techniques to feel well again,” Debbie mentions. “When we combine a healthy meal plan, with fun exercise, mindfulness-based stress reduction techniques, we can enjoy life to the fullest.”
She has over twenty years of experience offering bilingual individual nutrition counseling and workshops in English and Spanish.
“Finding a balance between work and play is important to our health,” states Debbie. She is passionate about dance (Zumba) and music (at this moment she plays her organ). She also enjoys swimming and yoga. Debbie has been writing her whole life, alternating science based articles with creative short stories or short ebooks. She loves to travel and learn about new cultures and food.
- 2013 Recipient of the Keller Graduate School of Management Business Award
- 2012 Recipient of the NBC/Telemundo Hispanic Salute Award
- 2012 Recipient of the Latino Perspectives Entrepreneur Showcase
- 2012 Finalist for the Phoenix Business Journal Health Care Heroes Award
- Master of Science in Nutrition - USA
- Master of Business Administration - USA
- Bachelor of Science in Nutrition – Argentina
- Certified LEAP Therapist (CLT)
- Mindfulness-Based Eating Awareness Training (MB-EAT) Instructor
- Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) Instructor
- Diabetes Prevention Program (DPP) Master Trainer
- Chronic Disease Self-Management Program (CDSMP) Master Trainer from Stanford University
- Licensed Zumba Instructor